March 14-18, 2016 is an important week for many reasons to grant professionals. International Grant Professionals Week and Day is an annual celebration to recognize and show appreciation for the work done by all grant professionals. It is one week out of the year we turn our attention to our field, our colleagues, and our “reason for being”. We encourage you to celebrate administrators, consultants, managers, grantmakers, and grant proposal developers.
Grant professionals work in full-time and part-time positions. We are CEOs and program directors and development professionals. We work as consultants, volunteers, and program officers. Grant pros do it all! But regardless of your role, International Grant Professionals Week (#IGPD/W) is all about you!
We have lots planned for the week and many ways for you to get involved.
- Monday, March 14: via our social media channels, we explain grants and the importance of grant profession.
- Tuesday, March 15: GPA Chapters across the country will host community events. Some will offer free professional development sessions.
- Wednesday, March 16: via Blab the international community will entertain, engage, and share stories on our LIVE All Things Grant channel.
- Thursday, March 17: our corporate and nonprofit community partners will wow us with their products, and services. You will want to see what our partners have cooked up for you!
- Friday, March 18: our day to shine! We’ll honor and recognize grant pros around the world, and we’ll celebrate the more than $700B we raise every year. Follow and engage in the celebrations on social media!
GPA Chapters, community organization, and government agencies: celebrate and show your appreciation with the #IGPD toolkit, created just for you!
Businesses, municipalities, universities, and nonprofits: join us in this effort and become a #IGPW partner for free!
If you know or love a grant professional, acknowledge the work they do to “Make the world a better place, one grant at a time.” Join in the celebrations for #IGPW 2016!